Christmas party season dos and dont’s!
Winter has finally landed here and although there is a definite nip in the air and the days are growing ever shorter, Christmas in only around the corner and party season is in full swing! To help you all make sure your Christmas period is more fun and fabulous than faux pas, I’ve compiled a short list of dos and dont’s to send you on your merry way!
• For my first tip I’m asking everyone to please do look after you skin this winter. A well nourished and healthy skincare routine forms the perfect base for any evening makeup look and with the cold weather approaching fast our skin needs a little extra TLC.
• Please don’t wear a very matte lipstick if your lips are chapped and very dry. The matte will only enhance the dryness and possibly dry them out even more. Your lips will look cakey and the only cake we should be having on our lips this season is Christmas cake! Instead try a lip exfoliator and use a balm to nourish and hydrate your lips if you haven’t got time for that stick to a more creamy formula lipstick or a gloss.
• We all love to be bronzed and beautiful but my next tip is going to be don’t over do it with the false tan. It's not the height of summer and most peoples holiday tans will have started to fade. Instead of going for the super darker shades stick to the medium or medium to dark if you must and it will look more natural.
• Girls its Christmas, and everything about this season is glitz, glam and glitter so I’m asking you all to please do incorporate some sort of sparkle into your party look. I’m not saying to go full on tinsel town or anything but there are many ways to inject a bit of shimmer into your look. This could be with some glitter eyeshadow, a glitter polish or accent nail, a sequinned top or clutch bag, some sparkly heels or some blingy earrings, it can be as subtle or as full on as you’re comfortable with it’ll get you into the spirit instantly!
• Do consider getting a nice blow-dry. Nothing says party ready like a fabulous curly blow-out or a nice bit of body. It will take away any unnecessary stress and you’ll feel like a million dollars.
So that’s it and girls hopefully you have picked up a few tips on how to win at partying this season and maybe for my next blog post I'll deal with how to handle a hangover from too much wine and cocktails!!!!